If you do only one thing to improve your customer acquisition opportunities this year, video outreach might be your best bet. Mobile-enabled consumers prefer video to text. If you’re not offering video information to potential customers, they will look elsewhere for their information needs. Video marketing offers significant ROI to businesses; it’s just a matter of getting started. If you want to improve the effectiveness of your marketing efforts this year, here are five video marketing tips you should be using.
Let’s look at recent statistics released by Wordstream:
– Video needs to be part of every business outreach channel. It’s not enough to create a YouTube. You must integrate video into everything from your social media marketing and email outreach to your customer support and employee training efforts.
– Don’t copy the video strategy of your competitors. Your video marketing strategy needs to be unique and created with your customers in mind. Don’t be afraid to try different approaches in order to stand out from the crowd.
– Customer testimonials are a fabulous way to use video. Ask happy customers to create a short video testimonial with their smartphone. Google reviews or Yelp reviews are good for SEO, but a video review from satisfied customers will supercharge your conversion rates.
– Just as you need a content marketing and social media marketing strategy, so too do you need a video marketing strategy. When you define your goals and objectives, your chances of an improved return on investment increase.
– Don’t be afraid to develop a multi-pronged approach to video outreach. Some business owners are putting all their marketing eggs in a Facebook video basket. Double-down on video outreach by using Twitter video, YouTube, Vimeo, and Instagram video. Heck, you can even upload videos to Pinterest to connect with potential customers.
Check the following list:
Top 10 Video Content Properties by Unique Viewers
Google Sites, driven primarily by video viewing at YouTube.com, ranked as the top online video content property in February with 182.2 million unique viewers. Facebook ranked #2 with 81.1 million viewers, followed by Yahoo Sites with 58.2 million, BroadbandTV with 45.3 million and VEVO with 44.2 million.
If you aren’t developing a cohesive video marketing plan, you are limiting your customer acquisition opportunities. Whether you use video to educate or entertain, it is imperative your business incorporates video into its business development efforts. Will you be integrating these five video marketing tips into your company’s growth efforts this year?
Remember to to subscribe to our newsletter! We love hearing back from you and read your comments and suggestions.
Remember to follow The Scope Weekly on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram! We love hearing back from you and read your comments and suggestions.
If you would like to become a contributor to The Scope Weekly, read our submission guidelines, and apply. For product reviews, click here. We welcome your ideas and recommendations.